Thu, Mar 26|
Birth Tribe LLC
Whapio and The Matrona Presents: Holistic Doula Certification
The Matrona Holistic Birth Doula program is comprehensive in it’s scope. We teach a practical and well rounded body of information about childbirth… all the basics…yet the material is presented holistically and with a balance of the intuitive and the clinical.
Time & Location
Mar 26, 2020, 9:00 AM – Mar 29, 2020, 5:00 PM
Birth Tribe LLC, 642 Hilliard St Suite 1209 Manchester, CT 06042
About the Event
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
Please "RSVP" on our website. You will then be emailed a link to register and pay your deposit for this event. Whapio requires a $50 US deposit and she uses PayPal. Please send money goods and services when checking out.
Holistic Doula Program
And if you would like a payment plan
They need this additional information to process you into the correct program. You will receive an immediate confirmation from Paypal when you make your payment. You will receive a confirmation from The Matrona within the next few days when the payment is processed. Thank you!
*Have questions? Email Melissa@yourbirthtribe.com
Holistic Doula Program
At The Matrona, we believe that childbirth is a transformative event and pregnant women have access to altered states of consciousness that allow them to have an expanded perspective of life and of themselves. This culminates in the birthing process.
We realize that many women desire to be witnessed, rather than managed, in this extraordinary experience. In our Matrona Doula Program we put a different spin on what it really means to support and witness a woman and we explore what it means to nurture a mom during her childbearing cycle.
The Matrona Holistic Birth Doula program is comprehensive in it’s scope.
We teach a practical and well rounded body of information about childbirth… all the basics…yet the material is presented holistically and with a balance of the intuitive and the clinical.
• Feminine A&P, the pelvis, the hormones of the reproductive system and the female cycles.
• How to compute the correct date of birth.
• How to understand birth as an organic process and how to support a mother’s choices in various places…home, hospital, birthing center.
• How to articulate and navigate through the cultural perspectives concerning birth.
• How to nurture a pregnant woman.
• How the baby navigates the pelvis during the process of labor
• How labor unfolds without interference and how to facilitate women in that process.
• Options in childbirth…choosing caregivers, waterbirth, positions for delivery
• Understanding the cervix…dilation and effacement, cervical lips, ruffling the membranes, Bishop’s score for induction.
• How to understand some of the controversial topics in childbirth…ultrasound, induction of labor, rupture of membranes, Group Beta strep, cord clamping, neonatal jaundice…
• How to employ healing modalities that facilitate self-direction in mothers and families.
• How to tend placentas and offer Placenta Readings.
• How to create win/win and collaborative solutions when things do not go as planned.
• How to present yourself as a doula in the community and how to integrate your practice of woman care with the knowledge of birth.
We offer a family-centered perspective on birth and we expand the mainstream information found in many of the available books on childbirth. We also explore some mind-blowing facts such as – • Why and how women are the ancestral sex and exactly how fertilization takes places as a team event.
• The brain wave states and patterns of altered states of consciousness that are part of every childbirth experience.
• The journey of birth in a new language that represents childbirth as the mystical and transformative journey that it is.
Our entire class is dedicated to the exploration of the experience of childbirth and it’s ramifications on the soul and spirit as well as on the body. The cost of the 4-day program is $600. Spaces are limited.
Certification requirement are easy and simple and involve no other costs than the $600 for the 4-day program. We offer immediate certification to anyone who attends the 4 days, does the requisite reading and who has either birthed a child or attended births. If you have not attended birth in any capacity, we ask that you take steps in your community to shadow a doula or attend a few births for certification.