Bridging the Gap: A Deeper Look At Diastasis Recti
Time & Location
About the Event
Demystify diastasis recti (separation of the rectus abdominals), identify common causes, learn simple exercises, breath work, & everyday habits that can help you bridge the gap!
Did you know over 60% of postpartum women have Diastasis Recti at their 6-week appointment and at least 30% have it at one year after the birth of a child? This is a condition that can change how you look, affect how you function, and impact how you feel too. Diastasis Recti can happen to anyone, not just those who have had babies.
Learn why traditional abdominal exercises don't work and practice movement, breath, and release work that does!
• How to find out if you have diastasis recti
• Learn the contributing factors that can cause it
• Take home resources to help you heal and alleviate some of your symptoms
• Practice a series of breath, release, & strengthening exercises specifically for you
• Modify your yoga practice, exercise, & daily activities to avoid making it worse & help you heal
About Brigitte Brigitte Arlé, RPYT, CLC is a pre/postnatal specialist in both yoga & Pilates, working with women since 2006. She became a doula, studied midwifery, herbalism, lactation, and deepened her knowledge of the pelvic floor. Brigitte has supported hundreds of parents through the challenges of pregnancy, birth, and postpartum recovery, including resolving issues of pelvic pain. Brigitte teaches at Rooted Boston (www.rootedboston.com) and leads trainings, certifications, & workshops nationally.
- Bridging the Gap$55$550$0