Sat, Feb 15|
Birth Tribe by The Well
Birth Basics is a one-day childbirth education class that focuses only on labor and birth. This class is direct and instructor-led information that contains fewer partner exercises in order to conserve time.
Time & Location
Feb 15, 2020, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Birth Tribe by The Well , 495 Blake St, New Haven, CT 06515, USA
About the Event
Host: Birth Tribe's Certified Childbirth Educators (Vanessa, Ashley, or Melissa)
What: Birth Basics
When: Saturday, February 15th, 2020
Time: 9am to 12:30pm
Where: Birth Tribe by The Well, 495 Blake St New Haven, CT
Birth Basics is a one-day childbirth education class that focuses only on labor and birth. This class is direct and instructor-led information that contains fewer partner exercises in order to conserve time. We offer a separate Advanced Comfort Measures class for those who want more hands-on instruction.
Together, we will discuss:
- How your body and your baby work together during labor and birth
- The typical progression of labor and birth (physical and emotional milestones for the birthing parent, and how partners can help every step of the way)
- Relaxation techniques and coping methods such as water, meditation, and position changes
- Medical pain relief options for those having hospital births
- Potential interventions you may be offered, making informed choices, and communicating your decisions with your care providers.
- An overview of the postpartum period (for a more detailed class about postpartum, including newborn care, please check out our new class: The Truth About Postpartum! Coming February 2020)
Want to take this class, but can't make any of the scheduled dates/times? No worries, just email us at email@example.com to schedule a private in-office or in-home class! (Price varies for in-home classes, group discounts available)
This class is limited to 6 (1 partner/birth companion attends at no cost).
- Ticket type
This ticket includes the birthing person and one birth companion for the Birth Basics Class.Price$100.00