Birth Basics (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Host: Birth Tribe's Certified Childbirth Educators (Vanessa, Ashley, or Melissa)
What: Birth Basics
When: Wednesday, March 4th, 2020
Time: 6pm to 9:30pm
Where: Birth Tribe by Hilliard Mills, 642 Hilliard St, Ste 1209, Manchester, CT 06042
Birth Basics is a one-day childbirth education class that focuses only on labor and birth. This class is direct and instructor-led information that contains fewer partner exercises in order to conserve time. We offer a separate Advanced Comfort Measures class for those who want more hands-on instruction.
Together, we will discuss:
- How your body and your baby work together during labor and birth
- The typical progression of labor and birth (physical and emotional milestones for the birthing parent, and how partners can help every step of the way)
- Relaxation techniques and coping methods such as water, meditation, and position changes
- Medical pain relief options for those having hospital births
- Potential interventions you may be offered, making informed choices, and communicating your decisions with your care providers.
- An overview of the postpartum period (for a more detailed class about postpartum, including newborn care, please check out our new class: The Truth About Postpartum! Coming February 2020)
Want to take this class, but can't make any of the scheduled dates/times? No worries, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private in-office or in-home class! (Price varies for in-home classes, group discounts available)
This class is limited to 6 (1 partner/birth companion attends at no cost).
- Birth Basics Ticket for Two$100$1000$0